Update: This Free Hokkien Webinar for Beginners was held in January 2019 and is no longer available for sign-ups. However, if you are keen to learn Hokkien, please check out our upcoming Hokkien Workshop for Beginners!
Free Hokkien Webinar for Beginners
27 January 2019, 9pm – 10pm, Singapore
Our Hokkien Class is perfect for Beginners, even if you don’t have any Mandarin background. During this 1-hour Hokkien Class, you will learn:
- Singapore Hokkien characteristics. Ever wonder why we speak Hokkien differently from Taiwanese?
- Hokkien Phonetics. Heard of the 7 tones in Hokkien and think that you can never differentiate among them? Fret not, we share with you an easier way to learn.
- Numbers. Is ‘one’ pronounced as “Jit” or “Yo”? We sort out this confusion for you.
- Hokkien Slangs. What is the story or meaning behind some commonly-used phrases and how do we use it in daily conversations?
- Q&A Session. Any burning questions for us?
Why you should attend our Hokkien Class
The importance of learning Hokkien in Singapore is often overlooked. Learn Hokkien to:
- Build meaningful bonds with your grandparents. How terrible would it be if your grandparents don’t have a chance to speak for themselves?
- Keep your culture and language alive. Did you know that Hokkien is a dying language in Singapore?
- Communicate effectively with patients, clients and/or colleagues, especially if you are in public service, healthcare and legal industry.
Sign up for this Hokkien Class now and you’ll also receive commonly-used dialect phrases delivered to your inbox regularly!
Limited spots on a first-come-first-served basis.